Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com

1. Family: Our families want the best for us. They are the most risk averse when it comes to our lives. Unconsciously, sometimes this causes them to project thier own life paths on us. They can't help it; it's what they were taught and it's the only path that they know.

2. Friends: Sometimes our friends put is in boxes. Especially wehen we grow up together, sometimes they project via their words or actions that it is impossible for you to be doing more than them. When we follow our purpose, it challenge the comfortable and liberate the constrained.

3. Funding: One of the first things that comes to mind is, where am I going to get the money to pull this off? It's a valid concern, but oftentimes we worry about it prematurely.

4. Finances: This is different than funding because it has to do with survival questions like how am I going to eat? Where am I going to live? How am I going to pay my bills?

5. Failure: They always say that 90% of businesses fail. That's probably true, but at least they tried. Imagine all of the great ideas that people had but what too scared to try. I think that most people have at least one good business idea in their like.

I combat these facades with:
1. Faith
2. Focus
3. Facts

Live purposefully!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter