Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com

How Deep the Hunger p15

In the town of Lany, twenty-five miles outside the city of Prague, there are four unmarked graves. They are the resting places of the three Masaryks and Eduard Benes. A friend who was there stated that, some months before his death, Dr. Benes visited the cemetery. He expressed a desire to be buried alongside his friends and compatriots. It was also his desire that the grave should go unmarked. “For,” said he, “if the people love me, I shall live in their hearts and they will never forget the place of my grave; hence an identification is unnecessary. If they do not love me, I shall be forgotten in their hearts; and the most elaborate tombstone will make no difference.”

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter