Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com


Yesterday, my best friend’s dad made his transition. I didn’t know what to say or do. As I sat outside eating an apple and contemplating the meaning of this moment, a lesson came to me.

The fruit of the apple I was eating was so enjoyable. It was sweet and juicy. But then I got to the core, the part I never eat. Without ever tasting the core I already knew it to be the opposite of sweet and juicy.

This time, instead of throwing it away, avoiding it, and wasting it…I ate it. I ate the apple whole. I acknowledged that the part of the apple that I loved so much was born out of this core.

Life is similar. We have to swallow life whole. If we avoid life’s bitterness, then we can never fully appreciate its sweetness. What was once sweet becomes bitter and then we set out to find a greater sweetness that doesn’t exist. Enjoy life now, as it is, whole.

What sweet lessons will be born out of your most bitter moments?

Live purposefully!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter