Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com

For those of you in search of purpose, look no further than within yourselves. Here are 13 questions (that only you can answer) which can help you create a purpose statement for your life. Your purpose is not a destination; it is more of a guiding compass that helps you make decisions. Our ultimate destination will be determined by the small decisions we make every day, therefore, it is important to make sure that our choices are in line with where we want to go. Take a moment to answer these questions for yourself and see what you come up with.

1. Person: What do I value? Who do I want to be?
2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?
3. Problems: What social, science, technical, and/or personal question do I want to answer?
4. People: Who do I want to serve?
5. Place: Where do I want to impact?
6. Pain: What am I trying to heal or positively impact?
7. Power: What motivates/inspires me?
8. Picture: What's my vision?
9. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?
10. Path: What are the steps? What are my short and long term goals?
11. Pressures: What internal and external life forces are affecting me right now?
12. Positioning: What do I want to master? What do I want to be #1 in the world at?
13. Potential: Why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?

_____________________________________________________
Jullien's 13 Ps

1. Person: What do I value? Who do I want to be?

The foremost thinker and implementer of self education (passions + problems = purpose) as a means for personal and social transformation.

2. Passions: What do I love doing and why?

Building community, counseling, coaching, developing self, playing soccer, eating with friends, organizing information, planning events, public speaking, writing

3. Problems: What matters to me most and why? Social/Science/Tech/Personal problems?

How do people reach their full potential? Because until you and I reach our full potential the world falls short of its full potential.

4. People: Who do I want to serve?

The millennial generation

5. Place: Where do I want to impact?

The entire world, beginning with the United States

6. Pain: What am I trying to heal or positively impact?

Wasted potential and purposelessness

7. Power: What motivates/inspires me?
  • The Spirit in You
  • My mother and her story
  • My mentees
  • My mentors
  • Spiritual texts
  • All creation
8. Picture: What's my vision?

I envison a world where people have the freedom to live purposefully, love unconditionally, and learn freely. In that world, I envision myself writing books, poetry, and music, speaking, learning, teaching, coaching, consulting, creating organizations, financing ideas, employing people, and developing tools and curriculum.

9. Pioneers: Who are my models? Mentors? Guides?
  • Bill Drayton of Ashoka
  • Ernest Holmes of the Religious Science Movement
  • Oprah Winfrey & Harpo Networks
  • Jesus
  • John Rice of Management Leadership for Tomorrow
10. Path: What are the steps? What are my short and long term goals
  • Build Mylinia.com, an online personal transformation platform
  • Write a book on purpose-finding
  • Continue blogging at www.julliengordon.blogspot.com
11. Pressures: What internal and external life forces are affecting me right now?
  • Extending my definition of family beyond people of African descent and those who already love me
  • Overcoming my fear of huge success
  • Learning how to ask for help
12. Positioning: What do I want to master? What do I want to be #1 in the world at?

I want to be #1 at individual and institutional development

13. Potential: Why do I believe that I can do it? Why am I the one?

I have been blessed with and continue to develop the following gifts and skills: Creativity, self-discipline, uniting people, building teams, personal coaching, communication, diversity training, group meditation, retreat facilitation, counseling and career coaching, personal strategy, entrepreneurship, organizational development, information and space organization, goal setting, and business plan writing, public speaking

Note: The 13Ps have been consolidated to the 8Ps of Purpose.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter