Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com

Thank you for your support

On this day of thanks giving, I am thankful for your love, your friendship, prayers, one-on-one meetings, phone calls, text messages, and notes. I truly felt the "village" envisioned in my mind manifest; I got 5 bids for godparents! I thank you for your faith in me as father. You all see things in me that I don't always see in myself.

I also want to thank you for allowing me to be imperfect. Through blogging and sharing my life journey with you, I've come to realize that sometimes the things we think we need to hide the most are things that have the greatest impact on the world when shared. I received many messages saying that "To My Unborn Child" resonated with many people's personal experiences.

The results are in

The child is healthy, but it is not mine. After getting an ultrasound, we discovered that the 6-week old seed was too young to have grown out of our relationship which ended 12 weeks ago. Though I was prepared to accept my role as father, I was very much afraid too. The ironic part of it all is that I grew out of a very similar situation as a child and I didn't turn out that bad…did I? :)

The lessons learned

1. Children need more than just a "nuclear family", they need community to grow.
2. Parenthood starts today with the youth in our community.
3. Make love to who you love (and who loves you).
4. Birth is always something to rejoice about (regardless of circumstances).
5. There are opportunities to give birth to Love all around us every day.
6. Life is cra-mazing (crazy + amazing).

Love,

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter