Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com

Fantasy is what people want but reality is what they need

If you want the answers, you've got to ask the questions

My world it moves so fast today
The past it seems so far away
And life squeezes so tight that I can't breathe
And every time I try to be, what someone else has thought of me
So caught up, I wasn't able to achieve

But deep in my heart, the answer it was in me
And I made up my mind to define my own destiny
___________________________________
Trace Magazine Interview July/Aug 2005

If I make music now, it will only be to provide information to my own children. If other people benefit from it then so be it.

Honesty is the very thing that protects love.

Computers should be used a a tool to enhance creativity, not to replace it...The whole world has become one big sample.

In order to have one's soul, one has to display their whole vulnerability.

I like people and relationships, but I know now that the spirit of God is the most wonderful experience.

I had to learn through violent, turbulent experiences.

You will find that insecure women have a tendency to attract insecure men.

Niceness should not be prioritized over the truth or honesty.

When you do something [The Mis Education of Lauryn Hill album] good, you expect good to happen...It's like being in a room when a beautiful woman walks in. When you don't notice the beautiful woman, that says something about you.

[These record company people] they crunch numbers because they're not talking about the intangibles which are love, drive, and passion.

That's what happens when creativity comes; there's a gestation period. You can't induce a baby in three months. That's how people get burned out quickly.

Everyone who listens to the voice of God will have conflict. Many times you will find that people who have God's standards prefer to be liked to the detriment of being what they are supposed to be in this world.

I am a real person which means I change my mind and there is the occasional mood swing.

What I want now is to manifest the truth, unapologetically; to remain clear; to maintain integrity; to never take advantage of people.

The world has become one big marketplace, but no one asks where the human compassion has gone. I guess its for sale now.

For an honest opinion people will send you an invoice. That's the sick society we live in. People are sending invoices against God's will.

There are things you tell your friend, when they're not acting right, that you wouldn't tell a business partner, and I guess I didn't treat her like a friend, but rather as a business partner. In retrospect, I believe I failed her as a friend, not as a business partner. In business we were close to infallible and quite successful.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter