Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com

Prayer for Self

How can I pray for the poor
and still ask for more?
How can I pray for the hungry
and feel hunger at my core?
How can I pray for the world
when my world is in a swirl?
How can I pray for change
when I remain the same?

When I pray for other's health
may I pray for myself
Selfish is only selfish
when I limit my view of self
We all must be whole
if anyone's to reach their goal
we've been separated by birth
but we're all connected at the soul

Ashe. Amen. And so it is.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter