Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com

Man oh man! I was the only guy among 6 incredible women until Hack, Kimik, and Jody finally showed up. Fellas, I tried to tell y'all. Where else can you meet down-to-earth out-of-this-world beautiful ladies like this? It's rare that the ratios are skewed like that, but it all worked out in the end. Maybe next time the brothas will outnumber the sistas.

Before potluck even began, there was drama. People walked in with stories of slow buses, rerouted trains, lost cab drivers, and guest appearances from strangers on the walk over. Maybe we should consider doing brunch next time.

We were blessed with the presence of 5 new potluckers! Welcome to the family. With them came a delicious meal - Homemade chili, cornbread, brown rice, jambalaya with shrimp and beef, Dominican chicken, macaroni and cheese, plantains, corn on the cob, and greens.

After hearing about people's wild journey to my house, we finally got into the journey of life. With such a small group, everyone in the room touched the mic and our hearts with their personal story (Who am I? Where am I? Where am I going?). People painted pictures of urban education transformation, women's empowerment, and music revolution. Connected to those were new visions for creating and distributing written word, word in action (=performing art), captured word (=film, photo, paint), and spoken/sung word. When it came to supporting one another, everyone gave so freely. It was amazing!

Next potluck will be November 23rd!

Everyone
Check out...

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter