Click the arrow below to visit the new JullienGordon.com

Below is a time line of my life from the moment I decided to leave my job to today.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Saturday, February 8th
I went to the Brooklyn Museum for First Saturdays. Rich Medina and DJ Spinna were on the 1s and 2s playing Fela and James Brown. The 3rd floor was packed and closed off so I didn't get to get down :(

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thursday, February 5th
I got a gym membership for $37.50 for 6 months at the St. John's Rec Center. You can't beat that. Gotta stay fit.

I went to a live taping of Indie Arie's new album "Love & Politics" for VH1 Sound Stage (or Soul Stage as she calls it). I was in the 2nd row. The album is going to be hot.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, February 3rd
I went to Toastmasters to improve my public speaking. I had to do a one-minute speech on what I didn't like about my Toastmasters Club. I spoke about the cold. I had 2 "ums" and 1 "ah".

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Monday, February 2nd
I didn't win the I Will Teach You To Be Rich competition, but I have a strong lead for contract at Tulane University based on someone who participated in Saturday's course. I spent the day working on a proposal for them.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Saturday, January 31st
I issued 10 more Licenses to Live. The fleet of Motivated Vehicles is now 36! Are you Licensed to Live?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, January 27th
Been working on curriculum and a workbook for Driving School for Life based on feedback for the past two days. I also have some deals with private groups for DSFL opening up for March and April. Business is picking up. Landed a venue for DSFL New Orleans too!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Friday, January 23rd
Off to New Orleans for a Mylinia.com retreat. My first time!


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, January 20th
Great call with one of my pioneers, Andy Chan, Director of the Career Center at the Stanford GSB. He gave great feedback on Driving School for Life and we're exploring how I can come back to Stanford to support students next year with their career exploration process. Check out his Career and Life Vision Workshop here.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, January 20th
I am moved by what I experienced today. I was up at 6am to go to the Mall. Went out there. Too crowded to get in. Went back home. And then went back out there. Ended up at the Washington Monument.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thursday, January 15th
Headed off to D.C. for the inauguration.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, January 13th
I deferred my students loans today to preserve cash flow for the next few months.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Monday, January 12th
I just submitted an executive summary for Mylinia.com to the Global Social Venture Competition.

I got an email from 99.3 The Joynt to be on their show soon. I'll keep you posted.

First day on the grind has been kind of slow. I had a meeting with a friend about branding and the use of video and I had a phone conference with someone as the Stanford Graduate School of Business Career Management Center.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Friday, January 9th
Driving School for Life advanced to the 2nd round of the 504ward.com $200K business plan competition and failed to advance to the next round of Echoing Green.

I celebrated at Chris Slaughter's f-READ-om Through Art poetry session at Brownstone Books. My lady wrote and performed a poem for me and then we were serenaded by Brother Stafford Brent who sang "Inseparable" by Natalie Cole. The night was magical!


Inseparable - Natalie Cole

I quit my job today! Here are my two theme songs. "I'm ready to go right now!"





. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Saturday, January 3rd

I licensed 16 new people to live through Driving School for Life in New York.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Friday, January 2nd

I spent all day preparing for tomorrow's Driving School for Life course. Practicing presenting, revising the curriculum, developing tools, buying food, making phone calls, sending emails, procrastinating.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, December 31st

I watched Slumdog Millionaire to bring in the new year. It was a great movie. Character vs. Cash. Destiny vs. Fate. Faith vs. Control.



I went to a bookstore and came across George Orwell's short essay, "Why I Write". One of the reasons was political purpose meaning the "Desire to push the world in a certain direction, to alter other peoples’ idea of the kind of society that they should strive after." This is one of the main reason I write too.

I also came across this cool book and website called Learning To Love You More which aggregates people's writings and photos of various assignments in the book.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, December 30th

I also decided to pick one new year's resolution and record it. Oftentimes we pick 50 resolutions and don't accomplish any. Imagine if we picked one each year and actually did it.



During a great conversation with my friend Daryn about my anxiousness about my approaching transition, he challenged me to write down my WHY to remind myself. Instead I did a video.



Brother Chris Williams subscribed to my blog today. I hope we meet soon.
I facilitated the second day of two day for the Parallel MVMT retreat using the 8 Principles of Purpose for individuals to have a conversation around each team member's capacity to be themselves within the organization going into 2009.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Monday, December 29th

I facilitated the first of two days for the Parallel MVMT retreat using the 8 Principles of Purpose for corporations to align all team members.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, December 23rd

I sent a holiday email prompting people to give a friend the License to Live this holiday season. I got an email from a girl names Amanda saying "I just wanted to say that I'm very encouraged by what you're doing!" She also suggested that I check out Trenton Marsh at www.trentonspeaksnow.com.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sunday, December 20th

After telling my friend Jason I was leaving my job he told me to check out Are You Ready to Succeed? by Dr. Srikumar Rao. Check him out. He talks about writing down celebrations of the new reality you've chosen. That's exactly what I'm doing here with my newsfeed!




The Mylinia team is struggling. Only 2 out of 5 people showed up for the weekly meeting. It's my fault. I've let a lot of stuff slide that has got us here. I sent an email to the team. Next meeting on January 11th. Retreat in New Orleans in late January.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Friday, December 19th

I wrote an article called "Food Fight: Why food is the best organizing tool there is" for the Columbia-Barnard Proxy Project. I hope they like it.

I spent the day watching Marcus Buckingham on Oprah talk about strengths. He is one of my pioneers (the 6th P).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thursday, December 18th

Nothing major today. The biggest thing was that while I was at a holiday potluck, emails were going back and forth between Raquel and Parallel MVMT about the Driving School for Life brand. It was interesting knowing that my movement was still going forward though I wasn't putting energy into it.

Aimee gave me 2 children's books about the journey of life for the MLT Secret Santa. I've always thought about writing children's books. As a matter of fact, I just met up with Rikimah, who is a children's book author, yesterday. Interesting!

Mia suggested I try to connect with Will Smith because he is all about passion. She saw him on the Oprah show talking about living with a purpose. Here's a quote from the show:

"I've made a decision that nothing in my life is going to be without purpose. I've grown to a place where I realize the only way to really be happy is to live in service to humanity," he says. "I want my work to mean something...I turned 40 this year...I've never been happier in my life. I feel like my relationship with my wife has purpose. … We're in love and that's fantastic, but beyond that, we have purpose."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Wednesday, December 17th

I just got off the phone with Vaman, my speech coach. We went over my sentiments and statements. It was a great exercise. Thanks Vaman!

I sent out a mass email for Driving School for Life to 591 people. Only 109 opens and 6 clicks. Time to reassess my email marketing strategy. 6 click isn't going to pay the bills.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, December 16th

I talked with Rachel about the University of Michigan opportunity. It's looking good!

I had a meeting with Raquel to create the Driving School for Life brand identity this evening. It's going to be hot. You can check out some of her work here. She is applying for Seth Godin's Alternative MBA Program.

I got my first paying customer today! 5 registrants for the January 3rd Driving School for Life.

My blog on "How To Differentiate Yourself on Speeddate.com" got posted today! Part 2 coming soon.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Monday, December 15th

I went to a dope event called Love-Lution in celebration of Alixa & Naima from the Climbing Poetree, Sallome Hralima, and Ashley Mui. Also in attendance was Theophilus London and Al of the NYC Minority Report among many others.




I had a 30 minute 8 Principles of Purpose session over lunch with a person in nonprofit that wants to ultimately do music. It was amazing. She got a lot of clarity from our short time together.

I keep hearing about the musician Ledisi. I heard the name from my mom this morning and then from a friend at lunch. Exploring why now...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sunday, December 14th

Potluck #13 ended up being a surprise celebration of me unplugging from the Matrix and pursuing my Neo or Nia (purpose in Ki-Swahili). The theme was "Celebrating Yourself!" We had a great group of 15 people. Everyone shared deep stories about transition and taking their life to the next level. I was overwhelmed with love.




Read 83 comments on the biggest obstacles to people's dreams. Money, self, fear, and not knowing lead the list.

Wrote my third article for www.downtobusiness.com, but only got 15 visits from their site as a result of my first two.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Saturday, December 13th

I got my first corporate client. Parallel MVMT asked me to facilitate their company retreat at the beginning of the year.

I designed a cool HTML email for my December 17th Driving School for Life mass marketing campaign.

The University of Michigan Women's Initiative reached out to me through a friend who goes to school there to ask about my honorium after I sent them a one-pager on Driving School for Life and the 8 Principles of Purpose on December 9th to speak at their event in February!

I spent the morning developing my PowerPoint presentation for my stump speech on the 8 Principles of Purpose. It compares the lives of some well-known individuals and organizations. Let me know what you think of the first draft.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Friday, December 12th

I saw the Che movie, both parts, yesterday. Powerful! It inspired this thought..."Eternal life cost life...you been making your payments?"



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Thursday, December 11th

Meeting with James, Rolando, and Raquel of Parallel MVMT to discuss the branding of Driving School for Life. Time to do it BIG!

I was inspired by Steve Pavlina's blog "How To Create Real Value". It's making me reconsider how I blog here. I want to create real value in all of your lives.

Got a venue for the next Driving School for Life Course! It will be held at the the New York Insight Meditation Center. This is so perfect. Thank you Spirit and thank you Joshua for introducing me to this space almost a year ago. NYIMC is where I go for monthly meditation with Gina Sharpe.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Wednesday, December 10th

No movement thus far today. Basketball game tonight. I haven't picked up a rock in ages. Shoot (no pun intended)!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tuesday, December 9th

I met Philippe Petit at lunch today. He was signing books at Borders. He was one of the spirits that started my journey when I saw his movie "Man On Wire" on October 26th. Here's what I said to him...

Created a one-pager for Driving School for Life. Feel free to share it with your friends.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Monday, December 8th

My friend Vaman offered to give me free speech consulting services as I prepare to speak to different audiences across the country based on my "I'm Quitting" email and my vision. In return, I'll be his guinea pig so that he can test his stuff. Our goal is to help me develop a stump speech by January 31st, 2009.

I had a phone meeting with Brandon, a friend of friend, who was interested in investing in Mylinia.com. We're too early stage for him right now, but I agreed to keep him informed about our progress and he agreed to keep his eyes open for angel investors. Thanks Mia!

An opportunity at UCLA Community Programs Office where I used to work may be opening up for me to speak on the 8 Principles of Purpose and use Mylinia.com to enhance their work. Meeting scheduled for Thursday.

I woke up to an email from Linda, a woman I met the NBMBA Conference in September. The crazy thing is that it was on my to do list to email her! It's funny how the Universe keeps working on my behalf while I'm sleep. Plant the seed, water it, and let it g(r)o(w).
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sunday, December 7th

Built this self-promotion widget using SproutBuilder. It's like a mini website, resume, press-kit. Just testing out technologies as I try to expand my personal brand.



I got off to a late start today. Pretty chill morning. Had a Mylinia.com meeting at 3pm. Went well. I spent a couple hours working on the slideshow below for Driving School for Life.




. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, December 6th

6:30pm. Done for the day. Time to get dinner and have some fun. Oxtail and first Saturdays at the Brooklyn Museum!

Sending follow up emails to all of the great people I met at Scott's party. Tedious but important.

First thing on my to do list was to email some non-profits about the potential to use Mylinia.com to improve their orgs. As I was researching www.imentor.org I just happened to come across a woman's name works at iMentor who was also recommended by a friend last night for Driving School. It may just be one BIG coincidence or it may be like The Alchemist says "When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it."

I woke up to an email from brother Chris Kazi with one of his songs called "A Lot To Do". It was connected to his blog post "10,000 hours? I got a lot to do". It referenced a Malcolm Gladwell's book "Outliers: The Story of Success" and a study by the psychologist K Anders Ericsson that reveal that great musicians practiced 10K hours, good musicians practiced 8k hours, and music teachers practiced 4K hours over the course of their lives. I got a alot to do. Practice! Practice! Practice!

ALOT TO DO.aiff -

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday, December 5th

Dinner party with Scott Sherman of the Transformative Action Institute and other social entrepreneurs including Echoing Green fellows. I met some great people including Heather McGrew (VP of Echoing Green which I just applied for. She said she remember Mylinia.com's old application), Sean (TAI), Marty (Ashoka), Jason (musician), Alex (Ashoka), Ana Maria (passion = dispossessed in Columbia), Katie (passion = type-1 diabetes), Jonathan (author of Walk About), Danny, and Patricia (passion = writing). It was amazing!

An email went out to the entire staff at my job that I'll be leaving in January. Here we go!

It was a slow day today. A lot of emails. I connected with one of Mylinia.com's investors and sent an email to a potential new one. I spent the day fine tuning and fixing little stuff. I'm not sure that I spent my time wisely. Overall I felt unproductive.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, December 4th

I got a call from my friend Mia around 11pm and she said she showed Mylinia.com to one of her friends who is a venture capitalist and may interested in investing. I'll send him an email tomorrow. The power of friends and relationships!

Met with Chris Kazi + Divine Bradley/blog, two of the most inspirational brothers on the face of the earth this evening to discuss how our paths align and we can build together. We have some small things to connect on, but no major projects together yet. It just felt good to be there.

I got a call from Jessica, a woman I met at my friend Heidy's movie debut for "Real People Cook", saying that she may be interested in expanding potluck to Palo Alto! Check out the recipe of Jessica's pizza here. It's the best pizza I've every had in my life.

I just submitted a proposal for the $100K 504ward.com business plan competition to help retain millennial talent in New Orleans . My proposal involved Driving School for Life Courses + Licensed To Live Annual Conference + The Garage Online Community + The Potluck cafe. We'll see.

My 1st published web article by DowntoBusiness.com titled "The Importance of Vision: Attracting & Retaining Great People". Please visit the website and comment. Woohoo!

I may already have a speaking engagement for the University of Michigan Women's Initiative thanks to Rachel. Keeping my fingers crossed.

14 (and counting...) emails of love & support from friends based on this morning's email about me transitioning in January. I have incredible friends.

No work today or tomorrow! Because I didn't take a vacation this year, I have a whole bunch of PTOs saved up. With those + holidays, I have 10 days off in December.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, December 3rd
Supposed to play a pick-up basketball game tonight, but I couldn't find the gym. Instead I finished reading The Alchemist. Power-full! Paulo Coehlo is a genius. I may chill on books for a minute and simply try to read the signs of the world.



Mylinia.com meeting tonight. Preparing for my transition and how that affects our weekly operations. Also discussing our customer identification process and prospects. Though we tr to make leaps and bounds, sometimes life is just a game of inches. Check out the locker room speech below.



Came across these brothers' website about their new book Get Excited On Purpose through a post by my friend Edem on Facebook. Interesting that so many young Black men are on a similar path to help people find purpose. I wonder why. I'm meeting with two more Thursday.

Almost done re-reading The Alchemist. Quote of the day: "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity. (p. 137)"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday, December 2nd

Just did a 30-minute 8 Principles of Purpose consultation for a friend who is looking for clarity on his purpose. You can see the 8 Principles of Purpose of other Purpose Seekers at www.purposefinder.blogspot.com

Holly sent me an inspirational story titled "Four Boyfriends" about taking care of your spirit. Great reminder.

Ronethea had an extra StrengthsQuest code so I re-took the Gallup StrengthsQuest. My mentor Chip Anderson helped create this tool and associated publications. My strengths are strategic, futurist, maximizer, achiever, connectedness. Strategic, maximizer, and achiever are the same, woo and initiator dropped off this time. Check it out.



Cool quote from an email signature "The thing about the bandwagon is, it never takes you where you want to go."

For the past two days, my body naturally woke up before 6am. I interpret that as being excited to live again. For a while I was waking up at 8am. I asked Spirit what I should do with the 2 hours before work and the answer I got was re-read The Alchemist in preparation for my journey.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Monday, December 1st
Finished re-reading Success Built to Last. After I get my thoughts together, I'm going ot email professor Jerry Porras from the Stanford Graduate School of Business to see if we can collaborate on Driving School for Life. I didn't get a chance to meet him as a student.



Inspired by Ryan Leslie sharing his creation process with "The Making of Addiction with Casey" YouTube video, I decided to change my blog format to be less preachy to more real by creating my own version of Twitter so that you can follow my creation process of the life I want to live.



Today I faced the my moment of truth and gave my resignation letter to my boss. She supports me :) Theme song for today = Moment Of Truth (Explicit) - Gang Starr


Saturday, November 29th
Celebrate Jody's 24th birthday at Royal Oak in Williamsburg where I meet Dante Gibson who works in the publishing industry and suggests that I look into Hachette Book Group, Random House, and Simon and Schuster based on the content of the Driving School for Life book.

Re-read first half of Success Built to Last as a refresher since it is the foundation of Driving School for Life.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday, November 28th
Finished the www.drivingschoolforlife.com website

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, November 27th
I submitted Echoing Green application. Expected to hear back in January.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, November 26th
Meet with Peter Gales of of More Vida News about the Driving School for Life class to be featured at a future date

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, November 22nd
I successfully facilitate Driving School for Life #1 for a intimate group of 8 at my home in Brooklyn. The feedback was great!



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Monday, November 17th
I get an email from Kenneth Gillett to be a guest blogger on the www.downtobusiness.com blog

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, November 16th
I tell my mom I'm leaving MLT. She supports me at first and then ask me about my backup plan. At the end of the day she just wants to make sure I'm safe and secure.

I write my letter of resignation to the organization that has supported my growth for the past 18 months.

I didn't hit my recruiting goal of 800 applications for MLT's MBA Prep. We only got 637. It could have been the market. It could have been me. I realized I'm not a marketer.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, November 15th
I get an email from Simon of Speeddate.com, a business school classmate and avid reader of my blog, to write for his blog

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday, November 14th
Mylinia $1.2M proposal for Knight News Challenge gets rejected. It's all good.

I told Ronethea, a colleague at work, over lunch that I'm leaving. Once you tell others, your commitment level elevates.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, November 13th
I decide to leave my job after getting great responses about Driving School for Life and watching some Janelle Monea videos, browsing her website, and being inspired by her movement and vision. I didn't get to see her at the Massquerade Ball in 2007 put on by my spiritual family in Palo Alto, but ever since, I've been hearing her name. I'm also reminded of my 70+ friends pursuing their purpose every day.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, November 12th
I sent out the Driving School for Life registration form with my blog post before the curriculum is complete. Now I've got to get ready. This is one of the best goal setting strategies I've ever implemented...set a date and tell people...then you have to deliver.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday, November 11th
Submit a proposal to write for theproxyproject.org and spheremagazine.com

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Monday, November 10th
Get "Creating Visions from Dreams" article published in the Dream Big newsletter by Samia Bagel

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday, November 4th
Barack Obama wins the the US Presidential Election and doubt is defeated by truth. As Obama is idolized, I continue search for my inner truth, knowing that he, I, and all of us are made with the same hemoglobin of God.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, November 1st
Submitted a $1.2M proposal for Mylinia.com to the Knight News Challenge.




Tuesday, October 28th
Send off some articles to Chris Taylor, Jessica Flannery of Kiva.org's friend (didn't get selected)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, October 26th
I see the movie "Man on Wire" and wonder "What is my tight rope?" and "What am I so afraid of that is stopping me from walking the uncharted path of my dreams?"



Legend

= self-investment
= home
= travel
= ???
= ???
= connecting past
= ???
= info
= figured something out
= friends & family
= searching/looking
= stuck/challenged
= reading
= fast forwarding
= published
= event
= ???
= decisions & actions
= met someone
= business-related
= results
= ???
= ???
= new place
= ???
= insight
= check it out
= meeting

0 comments

Post a Comment

Jullien's Purpose Statement

My purpose is to help as many people as possible reach their full potential by helping them making a living doing what they love and in the process of doing so achieve my own. I want to do this through writing, speaking, and creating offline and online spaces that facilitate conversations around purpose.

Subscribe to stay updated

 Subscribe in a reader or

See what people are saying about my blog

Follow Me On Twitter

    follow me on Twitter